Another week, another trending recipe on social media!
The boredom from community quarantine has paved the way for netizens to do some kitchen experiments, like Dalgona coffee and Magnum ice cream, as well as other recipe hacks of favorite fast food snacks.
To add to the growing list of TikTok recipes, another user shared his own version of the popular Cookie Crisp cereals using only two ingredients!
- 1 pack of cookie dough
- Chocolate chips
- TikTok user Justin Schuble used one pack of Nestlé Toll House chocolate chip cookie dough and cut it both lengthwise and crosswise. You can use any brand you prefer for the cookie dough.
- Round the edges of each small square of dough and add extra chocolate chip on top.
- Place them all on a cookie sheet and baked them at 350F for about 7 minutes.
- Let them sit on the counter and harden for a few minutes.
- Add a few spoonfuls of the mini cookies to a bowl and enjoy with milk.
View this post on Instagram
So apparently #cookiecereal went crazy viral after my post the other day! I decided to remake it so that I could give you some tips on how to perfect it. Here’s how to do it: 1. Cut your cookie dough into even pieces. You want to make sure they bake evenly or else some will burn and others will be undercooked. Instead of rolling them into balls, just round the edges. And add an extra chocolate chip on top for a prettier final product. 2. Bake at 350F for about 7 minutes (cookies will still be a little soft). Let them sit on the counter and harden for a few minutes. 3. Add a few spoonfuls of your mini cookies to a bowl and enjoy with milk. To avoid getting all the cookies soggy at once, only add a few bites to your bowl at a time. 4. Try it with ice cream as a dessert! 5. Get creative! You can make any type of cookie into cookie cereal. Doesn’t have to be chocolate chip!! #foodandwine #insider #insiderfood #foodbeast #foodtrends #pancakecereal #cookiecrisp #cerealtrend #cookies #chocolatechipcookies #mini #minifood #beautifulcuisines #foodnetwork #cosmopolitan #peoplefood #todayshow
To avoid getting all the cookies soggy at once, Schuble suggested to add only a few bites to your bowl at a time. You may also enjoy these mini cookies with ice cream for your next dessert!
Looking for food delivery and promos from your favorite brands? Visit loopme.ph!
Cover images grabbed from Justin Schuble’s Instagram account.