Before Poblacion, BGC or even Maginhawa, Adriatico was the place to be. Yes, our ancestors got it right when they hailed Manila the center of everything at some point. And with its timeless charm and distinct appeal, it gives off a sense of novelty for the younger generation, and a sense of familiarity to the older crowd.
Malate may be seen to the less knowledgeable as something almost raunchy, and many have forgotten how it is actually a trove of hidden gems where one can dine, chill and have a drink. Here are some of the great spots along Adriatico Street that is threatening to outshine your favorite watering (and feeding) hole:
The home of locally brewed craft beers looks a lot like that — a home. With its cozy vibe resonating from the different photos and memorabilia from the 50’s, Tap Station is the perfect place to have a pint of beer with the famous Bistro Platter (PHP 499.00) with your colleagues after a long day at work.
- Address: 1313 Adriatico Street corner Padre Faura Street, Ermita, Manila
- Contact Number: +63-916-777-6373
- Business Hours: 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM
Follow Tap Station and stay up-to-date with their latest promos and offers.
Set course to Malvar Street, just a few steps away from Adriatico, and you’ll find yourself at a mini food park amidst industrial, graffiti-laden container vans. Enjoy a cold one with the squad with either Bernie’s Southern Hot Buffalo Wings (PHP 300.00), Crispy Pata (PHP 450.00) or Taqueria Chupacabra’s Mexican Nachos (PHP 347.00)
- Address: 578 Gen. Malvar Street, Malate, Manila
- Contact Number: +632-894 -465
- Business Hours: 6:00 PM to 3:00 AM
Follow The Shipyard and stay up-to-date with their latest promos and offers.
Your taste buds, as well as your Instagram account, are in for a treat with this spot’s amazingly delicious cocktails. Get the party started with their Powerpuff Shots (PHP 229.00), swap stories while dining on their signature Default Wings (PHP 360.00 - 1 dozen) and their Tranquility Alcoholic Milk Tea (PHP 199.00), or sip on their alcoholic milkshakes coolly under the neon lights.
- Address: 1844 Pilar Hidalgo Lim Street, Manila
- Contact Number: +632-562-6726
- Business Hours 5:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Follow Default Cafe Pub and stay up-to-date with their latest promos and offers.
If awesome music and drinks are your chosen poison pair, then look no further! Watch different local and independent artists perform while chowing down the signature Minokaua Sisig Rice (PHP 480.00)and savoring the taste of the premium and specially made Minokaua twist in your mouth. (Pro-tip: Try out the Goodbye Universe (PHP 120.00), Minokaua’s own take on the chili dynamites.)
- Address: 1951 Adriatico Street, Malate, Manila
- Contact Number: +63-917-884-5089
- Business Hours:10:00 AM to 3:00 AM
Follow Minokaua and stay up-to-date with their latest promos and offers.
Continue the afterparty through a delicious recovery. Braska, which is located on the ground floor of Amelie Hotel Manila, is a perfect place to eat up a hearty meal before rejoining the world. Try their take on modern Filipino food, such the one-on-a-kind Pares Panini (PHP 235.00), the sinful yet savory Prawns in Aligue (PHP 550.00) , and their own Vigan-style Longanisa Balls with Quail Eggs (PHP 225.00), or Longgaballs for short.
- Address: 1669 Bocobo Street, Malate, Manila
- Contact Number: +632-995-3981
- Business Hours: 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Follow Braska and stay up-to-date with their latest promos and offers.
Follow LoopMe Philippines for more awesome updates, sweet deals, and promos around Metro Manila!
Want to hear some great news? Tap Station, The Shipyard, Default Cafe Pub, Minokaua, and Braska are giving away gift certificates to five (5) lucky Loopers, so you can get to try some of their bestselling dishes. Here's what you need to do:
- Like all the restaurants' Facebook pages: Tap Station, The Shipyard, Default Cafe Pub, Minokaua, Braska.
- Share this article on Facebook with the hashtag #LoopMePHxAdriaticoStreet. (Make sure you that it's set to Public mode so we can see it.)
- In the post, comment "I want to go to Adriatico with ____ !" and tag as many friends as you like.
The contest period is from April 14 to 23, 2018. Five (5) lucky loopers will be randomly selected on April 25. Each Looper will get Php 1000 gift certificate from one (1) restaurant.
Terms and conditions apply.
Good luck and see you in Adriatico!