Looking for your next gastronomical food trip, or just a new place to grab a quick but wonderful meal for lunch? Look no further as LoopMe Philippines is here to introduce you to The Pantree, a small food hub located in the heart of Legazpi Village in Makati.
Opened in March 2017, The Pantree is a go-to food spot that offers a variety of dishes that can satisfy your cravings without compromising the convenience of distance from your workplace.
What makes The Pantree different from other restaurants in the area is that they take pre-orders over the phone, so you can just pick up your food later and avoid the long lunch break lines. Also, there are take-out windows for some select stalls outside the establishment if you prefer eating elsewhere.
But the burning question still stands: how’s the food? The Pantree showcases 13 food stalls, each offering their own specialty. LoopMe had the privilege to indulge our taste buds with some of the stall’s bestsellers.
Here are our top 7 picks (in no particular order):
1. 6-Piece Pork Gyoza by Suki Gyoza (PHP 75.00) One of the most affordable and bestselling dishes in The Pantree, Suki Gyoza tastes authentic, like the ones from Japan. The pork is flavorful and savory, so don’t be surprised if you finish the whole thing within minutes!
2. Rafik’s Wagyu Beef Shawarma with Rice and Pita (PHP 150.00) The rising popularity of shawarma in the Philippines is clearly evident at almost everywhere around us. Rafik’s Shawarma has taken it to the next level by using quality and premium meat and ingredients with their dishes. We recommend the Wagyu Beef Shawarma Rice and Pita. You can taste the difference of their premium meat with its tenderness and savory flavor blending together, with fresh cucumber and tomatoes topped with Rafik’s own Shawarma Sauce.
3. Pizza Gamberi by Flaming Dough (PHP 220.00) Pizza Gamberi, one of Flaming Dough’s bestsellers, is a pizza ready to sate your hunger with one of the best flavors of the sea. The fresh and tasty shrimp topped with mozzarella cheese baked in a brick oven brings in the brick oven-baked flavor, and highlights the sharp yet gentle mozzarella and flavorful fresh shrimp. This pizza is served to you ignited – yes, you read it right. The pizza is served to you flaming with vodka! The presentation and taste of this lovely pie would take your breath away!**
4. Tuna Shoyu Poke Bowl from Ono Poke (PHP 250.00) The Poke Bowl food hype has reached the shores of Manila. Ono Poke Shop, a food stall specializing in crafting Instagram-worthy Poke bowls (and my personal favorite), has found its home at The Pantree. Their bestselling Tuna Shoyu Poke Bowl will sate your hunger and turn your hangry face into a smile. Made from fresh tuna meat topped on steaming hot rice together with nori and various ingredients tossed in a soy sauce-based umami sauce, this bowl of fresh fish with rice has lived up to its international hype.
5. Steak, Bacon, and Blue Cheese Panini by Como (PHP 299.00) This delectable treat from Como radiates with its quirks and prestige. Grilled beef steak strips, with crispy bacon coupled with tomatoes, lettuce, and a generous serving of sharp blue cheese, are pressed together to a toasted panini. Every bite plays with your tongue with its harmony of savory goodness – from the tenderness of beef and crunchy bacon to the unique flavor of blue cheese.
6. Beefy’s Chicken Burger in General Tso Sauce is a gem among the others (PHP 195.00) This off-the-menu item from Beefy’s is one of their best burgers. Generous slabs of tender chicken meat pan-seared and fried to perfection, glazed by their secret General Tso Sauce on top of fresh iceberg lettuce and various herbs makes this burger tender and savory in every bite!
7. Shrimp Pad Thai by Chang Thai (PHP 220.00) South East Asian food will always bring you for a wild ride with their exotic spices and flavors infused with each of their dishes. Chang Thai is no different with their authentic spices that make their Shrimp Pad Thai send your taste buds into food nirvana. Each bite bursts with flavors, a combination of sweet and savory taste with a mild spicy kick! Spice level may vary upon your taste.
Of course, there are other food stalls inside The Pantree that, such as Galibols with their free range chicken curry with rice, Meat Halfway with their Sisig Rice, Old Fashioned Tapa with their classic Tapsilog, Bun Appetit with their prestigious Lobster Roll, and Kessaku with their Gyudon.
Also,The Pantree sells a variety of snacks such as the addictive (drug-free, of course) Memz premium bite-sized chicharon and assorted sweets like choco-chip cookies, also beverages to go with your food. Oh, and yes, they sell beer.
So, grab your friends and have your lunch now at The Pantree located at 119 Dela Rosa Street, Legazpi Village, Makati City. They are open from 9:00 AM until 10:00 PM. It’s just around the corner, right? No? Well, this place is still worth the trip. You can also call them up at 0917-720-3043 to have your next wonder meal prepared beforehand, ready for pickup!